I have given my post this title because a large part of it is given over to sharing links, including to thunderclaps.I also have some good pictures from Kings Lynn today.
The above is a hashtag now being used in our campaign to get Katie Hopkins to apologise to the autistic community for some very offensive comments. There are two links connected to this:
2) Thunderclap, pooling social media reach for better effect.
If you decide to tweet about this campaign don’t forget the hashtag, and if you wish to retweet something someone else has posted about the campaign append a comment of your own and the hashtag (“quote tweet”)
One of the things the recent election demonstrated to everyone with eyes to see it was how badly flawed ‘first past the post’ is as a system. I have three links connected to this to share with you:
1) A blog post which makes the case superbly, from Dan Keeling.
2) A petition that I hope you will sign and/or share from change.org
3) Thunderclap (see previous section).
First, a link and a picture relating to an anti-austerity demonstration
My final four links are all in their different ways responses to the election result:
1) A moving open letter to those who voted Conservative
2) A fact checker courtesy of Mike Sivier on Vox Political
3) A poem courtesy of julijuxtaposed.
4) Last and in the chief place, this from Caroline Lucas.
A PICTORIAL INTERLUDE
A LOCAL DERBY MATCH
The first days play has just finished in the county championship match between neighbours Worcestershire and Warwickshire. Worcestershire would seem to be having the better of things, having bowled well, but one really needs to see both sides bat before attempting to form strong opinions.
I hope that you have enjoyed this post. I encourage you to share any or all of it. A final message for those who have made it to the end: